“Work culture” is becoming more of an issue in discussions about career satisfaction and employee retention. People want more from their jobs than just a paycheck and will move from job to job looking for the right fit. Since half of one’s waking hours are spent at work, the overall environment is certainly an important consideration.
If your job is stressful and unfulfilling, maybe it’s time for a change
When things at work go bad, here are some of the top reasons people quit their jobs:
- Bad boss — toxic relationship or no relationship at all, no connection
- Boring work — no new challenges or opportunities for growth or advancement
- Bummer co-workers — difficult relationships, no friendly interactions, distrust
- Below the radar — no recognition, not an active contributor to the company, not heard
- Beneficial purpose — the job doesn’t feed the need for doing something meaningful
- Barren company culture — no humanity behind just making money
If you’re stuck in a job that doesn’t make going to work each day a happy thought, maybe you should be your own boss and develop a work culture that will be fulfilling personally and professionally. As an independent franchise business owner with Home Franchise Concepts® (HFC), you can do exactly that.
Three brands, one culture of caring
Build a team to share the dream of a fulfilling career for every individual
HFC has been launching successful franchise business owners for 25 years, with over 1,400 franchise territories in the U.S. and Canada. With a proven business model and core values of Commitment, Transparency, Collaboration, Caring and Trust, franchisor/franchisee relationships contribute to success for everyone in the network, from Home Office leadership, support teams, and employees to franchise owners and their individual teams across the country.
You have the opportunity to run a franchise business in a work culture that you desire.
- Set your own business goals
- Be a sole-proprietor or bring on partners and family members
- Control your workdays and schedule
- Build your team by hiring people you want to work with
- Be the kind of boss you would support and appreciate
- Establish incentive programs to encourage your employees
- Set your own financial goals
- Create the work/life balance that meets your family’s needs
Many of our franchise owners say that they are empowered to give back to their communities and favorite charities because they are in control. As the boss, you can build initiatives and relationships that give meaning and satisfaction to your efforts beyond just an income. Here are some of the ways our franchisees live out their chosen work cultures of giving back.
- Supporting community organizations that focus on providing shelter or other needs for families who are in poverty or experiencing domestic violence or other abuse.
- Donating time, product, and expertise to a local Habitat for Humanity.
- Pledging a dollar amount per unit sold and donating the proceeds to a local charity.
- Contributing to fundraisers and silent auctions to support schools, children’s programs, youth athletic foundations, and art booster clubs.
- Donating and installing window treatments in local schools, churches, veterans’ private homes, children’s support groups, and teen halfway houses.
- Build a workforce of veterans
Dedicated to your business success
HFC is one of the largest franchisors in the world and the top-selling family of direct-to-consumer brands in the home improvement industry. This growth and staying power are because HFC has always been committed to creating an environment where entrepreneurs can excel as independent franchise business owners. The vision statement touches on all facets of the company culture that make HFC so efficient at turning out successful franchisees and why we say, “There’s no place like Home Franchise Concepts.”
“We are passionate about providing an opportunity for people from all walks of life and backgrounds to own their own business and own their own lives. We do this by providing them with programs, products, and services that consumers recognize as their “go-to” brands. We provide superior training, support, and leadership to our owners so they become as successful as they want to be. Our strong network of business owners consistently trained and supported is the perfect way to distribute high-quality products and services to consumers whose lives we touch.”.
All three brands in the HFC family focus on making home a more beautiful and comfortable experience by offering in-demand products that will never go out of style. As home style trends evolve, our brands introduce new product offerings to keep our franchise owners relevant and on the cutting-edge of home fashions.
- Budget Blinds®– custom window coverings, including blinds, shades, shutters, and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, residential and commercial
- Tailored Living®– whole home custom storage solutions as well as industrial-strength PremierOne® garage flooring options for home and business
- Concrete Craft®– custom concrete staining, stamping and resurfacing for indoor and outdoor floors and vertical surfaces, including walkways, driveways, pool decks, patios, and fireplaces
Step into a whole new world of franchise ownership and build the business you want
If you crave a work environment that makes each day a pleasure, franchising with HFC may be the answer. You’ll have all the support you need to build a flourishing business within a work culture that you design and that works for you. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts to learn more, or call 1-800-420-5374 today to talk to one of our Franchise Licensing Advisors to see if owning a Budget Blinds, Tailored Living or Concrete Craft franchise business is the right path to success for you.
If you’re a veteran, click here to learn how HFC and its family of brands assist veterans with becoming independent franchise business owners by offering substantial discounts to qualified veterans.